Thursday, December 13, 2012

Elk Hunting

Since I always blog about myself or what we do as a family I figured it was only fair to blog on behalf of Chad. I'm sure one day he will appreciate being able to look back at some pictures I stole off his facebook page to put on here :)

The day after Thanksgiving Chad, his dad and another guy named Jim loaded up and headed out to Raton, New Mexico. They had all 3 gone the year before and Chad killed his first elk (thank goodness we moved just in time cause now he has an awesome place in his man room for it instead of the den)
It took them about 22 hours to get there and they drove it straight. They were gone about 8 days. That was a long 8 days for me, and I hate staying by myself at home. Thank goodness for MiMi keeping us company some.  Needless to say, :( They all came home empty handed. But as Chad said "Oh well, we made some fun memories" my response "That was some expensive memories" Here are a few pictures that I got from Chad. They are all gorgeous and I can't image how breathtaking they were in person.







Thank goodness we still have plenty of meat from last years kill. Till next year........

No comments:

Post a Comment