Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

This past weekend was filled with lots of family time and lots of sun. Allie Hunter had spent the night Friday night at the farm with her Gigi and Paw Paw so Saturday Chad and I actually got to sleep in till 9. Wow-we needed that, forget what that feels like. We ran a few errands that morning, grabbed some breakfast at Waffle House and headed on down to the farm around lunch. Chad's aunt and his little twin cousins were down there when we arrived and of course AH was all wrapped up into the "GIRLS" as she calls them. We had surprised AH with a little kids Dora fishing pole and she was so estatic. She was ready to fish. We seriously fished from around 2-6. Or I should say Aunt Tricia and I did while the kids played inside most of the time while Gigi was preparing supper. Someone had to catch the fish right ?!?! I could sit out there all day long and fish at the farm. We caught several catfish, brem and bass. I couldn't wait for supper. We had fried fish, fried shrimp, grilled fish, grilled shrimp, hushpuppies, french fries, coleslaw, deviled eggs and a few other sides. YUMMY !! Just what I had been craving for weeks. The next morning JD rode down and while AH rode the golf cart to see the horses I went fishing with Chad and JD in the boat. Then after some skeet shooting we were finally heading home. We were all 3 exhausted. We ended up getting showers and having a family movie night at home. AH picked out The Fox and the Hound, I forgot how sad that movie was. I mean what do you tell your 3 year old when she ask " Why his Mommie not come back " really Walt Disney ?!?!
My 1st Catfish of the day

Ella Kate's catfish


Ella Kate caught the first fish but took some bribing to get her to take a picture with it.

Boys being boys

Josie, Allie Hunter and Ella Kate

Sweet Momma Josie pushing AH

Monday morning we all 3 actually slept in till 8:30. We were worn out from the past 2 days at the farm. Once we all got going we headed straight to Mimi and Poppys house to swim in the pool. Poppy grilled us a delicious lunch and we seriously stayed outside in the pool from around 10:30-3:30. AH had a blast and wanted to stay in the pool the entire time. She was like my little fishy. I finally made AH lay down for a nap and we had to wake her up at 6. The sun and swimming can really wear you out.


Just prissing around



Obessed with the ice "man" brought from Sonic


AH and her Aunt Jen Jen

Playing the Shark/Fish game with Daddy 
Jennifer and Mimi

My little love bug


"I swim all by myself"

No comments:

Post a Comment