Thursday, May 17, 2012

NYC

OK, So I know this is a little late  but couldn't help but want to share and relive my experience in the big apple on our girls trip to NYC with just my mom and sister. We had a blast. Back in January we went to NYC for just a girls trip/my birthday ( really who needs an excuse to go there ) We were only there for a short time though, but we made the best of it. We did the hop on hop off bus tour which was wonderful considering it was FREEZING.  The second day we were there we woke up super early to go stand outside Good Morning America and got to meet the host and have our picture taken and for those of you that didn't see WE MADE IT ON TV...YAY
This was a long morning of waiting but worth it.

We also went to the wax museum which I had been dying to do and we all had a blast taking pictures. We had a wonderful celebration dinner for my birthday at Pat O' Grady's, Delicious. Also ate at Juniors and that was very good also there cheesecakes were awesome. But my favorite place we ate was the first day there we ate at John's Pizzeria (OMG, still craving this) The main thing me and my sister were looking forward to was the hot dog stands, and let me just tell you that was a huge disappointment, they were disgusting. I about threw up. I was so shocked, I was expecting it to be better than a stadium dog but needless to say we were proven wrong. Never again will I buy a hot dog from a stand on the side of the street. Hopefully it was just that particular stand we went to though.

Standing in the middle of Times Square

View from our hotel room at the Marriott Marquis

We also did a taxi boat tour around the Statue of Liberty. Went to see the Lion King on Broadway and of course did alot of Shopping. China town was an experience. We followed some lady all around looking for bags/jewelry/watches etc. needless to say we had to hide just to get away from her so she would stop bothering us. We ended up on the other side of China Town. Thank goodness some man walked buy who was American and also had been living there for several years and helped us back to where our bus would pick us up.
Though I must say I had a blast in NYC and would love to go back, the highlight and favorite part of the trip for me was getting to go to Hobokon, NJ to Carlo's Bakery. I love this show it is was of my favorites. To be honest I didn't care about doing anything else while I was here as much as going there. haha and we did ! We had called a car taxi place to come pick us up and take us and bring us back and when they arrived to our surprise it was a white stretch limo...how does that happen? They didn't have a town car so we got the next best thing for same price..AWESOME we were so excited, Luck like this never happens to me. So we rode to Carlo's Bakery in style.
YAY, finally get to say I have been to Carlo's Bakery

Our ride to Carlo's Bakery, White Stretch Limo

This trip was so much fun. Not only to have no kids it was so nice to just spend it with my mom and sister. Hopefully we can go back again soon and have another ALL GIRLS trip.
Rockefeller Center

Time Square @ night, So beautiful and busy

View of the City at night

No comments:

Post a Comment