Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Swim Lessons

I have been telling myself that I was going to put Allie Hunter in swim lessons for months. Well I finally did it. I was determined I wasn't going to do it by myself since I actually had to get in the water with her in my bathing suit in front of everyone. So my wonderful friend and her daughter who I can always call and say "hey we are doing this, do it with us" did it with us. It doesn't take much convincing her. haha That's why I love her. We just started yesterday and the girls did AMAZING. I have been taking AH to my Mom and Dad's pool to get her used to it and Sunday when we went I already had her jumping off the sides so I was hoping that was just a GOOD sign that we were ready for swim lessons. We started off teaching them to sit on the side of the pool and count 1,2,3 jump so they wouldn't just jump in as they please. Then we practiced blowing bubbles, which took AH a few tries but she finally got it. We practiced throwing a toy and letting her swim and kick to go get it (felt like I was training a dog to fetch) but hey it worked and would make her kick to go get her toy. hahah We also practiced "scooping" them under water, which AH surprisingly did great. I have never let her go under cause she has tubes and we never have our ear plugs in but she wore them to swim and did so good. Also practiced laying on our backs, swimming with a noodle, and us pushing her to the instructor so she would float a little distance on her tummy. All and all the 4 kids that were there did great. You would have thought they all had done this before. We also were excited to see a little friend Anna Riley who was in our class back in spring at Noah's Ark. Glad we know 2 out of the 3 other kids in there. Allie Hunter already can't wait to go Thursday. She woke up this morning saying "Mommie, I swim today" bless her she's so excited. Though her favorite part was probably the end when we all sang wheels on the bus and of course they got to pick out a sucker. Of course Allie Hunter and Emma Grace had to pick out the same color and what color would they choose, blue, they looked like smurfs. Gotta love them!
Walking into Swim Lessons. They are so sweet and are always very excited to see each other.

Patiently waiting to get in water.

Checking it all out before we started

All finished with swim lessons and headed out with our blue sucker and blue face !

No comments:

Post a Comment