Wednesday, November 28, 2012

AH's "ears piercings"

Allie Hunter has been begging and I mean begging me for over 2 weeks now to get her ears pierced. She'll say "Mommy, I want my ears piercings like you". Everywhere we go she points to people saying "Mommy,she has her ears piercings" Really what am I suppose to say, Yeah baby I see and pray she drops the subject. Ummm..nope not my child. She's me made over big time. She's not gonna stop till she gets what she wants. So we finally convinced daddy to letting us as long as she was a big girl and didn't act scared. Which apart of me thought she would change her mind once we got in there to do it. Boy was I wrong. My mom and I took her the day after thanksgiving and let her ride the train and we went into Claire's just to look and see and she was sooooo excited. So that was it she wasn't scared or afraid. I had been preparing her how it's gonna make a loud noise but she knew and didn't seem to care. She sat up in that chair like a big girl while the lady got everything ready and I even let AH pick out her own earrings. She picked the pink diamonds of course. I had to make her sit in my lap, she was acting like an 8 year old and not a 2.5 year old. She's so independent and growing up to fast. I believe I was more nervous and scared than she was. SHE DID A-MAZING. (which is also AH's new favorite word). She cried for maybe 10 seconds and it was even after the fact think the noise scared her more than the actual piercings. She is so proud of her new "ears piercings". She shows them off to everybody !!!!!
Such a brave lil' girl. The lady's there were awesome. They were so sweet to do both at the same time :) Mommy looks more scared than AH
Allie Hunter was so excited. Fixing to check out with our prize she picked out. Princess Chapstick and Glitter Bracelets

Still grinning from ear to ear. She had to say to everybody that walked by "Look at my ears piercings"

1 comment:

  1. Was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Started reading and came to your post about having your dd's ears pierced. My near 3 yr was the same way so wanting to look like mommy with cute earrings.

    This was a perfect age to pierce her ears when mommy can care for them. When she is older, she will think they are a part of her and won't bother them.

    I feel all little girls want their ears pierced so doing it early is a rite of passage best done when mommy can care for them according to our ped. Your dd looks totally adorable with those pink czs! Promise she will look precious in her upcoming holiday pictures with them. I had our dd's ears pierced at about the same age.

    You were a smart mommy for doing it. Babies and little girls with little pierced ears celebrates their femininity and femaleness.

    Our ped encouraged me doing it when mommy could care for them. Also, she gave me some tips for moms having their dd's ears pierced which included how to find the right person, place, and OTC meds to minimize any discomfort and post piercing care. Would be happy to share by e-mail with any moms wanting more info.

    Angie

    Angietune@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete